East Austin Country Casita
This East Austin Country Casita is a pier & beam home with a stylish remodel including updated energy-efficient windows, custom kitchen with vintage stove & butcher block counter tops, clawfoot tub, and original hardwood floors with 9 ft. shiplap ceilings. A custom steel privacy fence surrounds the front yard with relaxing shade, fruit trees and raised bed garden boxes provide a lovely outdoor space for lounge area and pets. Two blocks from gorgeous Ladybird Lake Hike/Bike Trail, 2 miles from Austin City Limits Live at Moody Theatre and all the fabulous restaurants and boutiques along E Cesar Chavez and coming soon, Whole Foods. Perfect for immediate move-in for you or a tenant and great alternative to condo living!
- Foundation leveled, new piers and sistered beams in 2005
- Electrical wiring upgraded in 2010
- Plumbing updated in 2010
- Energy-efficient windows installed in 2010
- Carrier 2.5 ton Ductless Mini-Split Heat Pump system 23.8 SEER rating, and (3) individual air handlers with wireless remotes
THINGS WE LOVE
- 2 blocks from Lady Bird Lake’s hike and bike trail.
- 9 ft high shiplap ceilings with fans in each room.
- Clawfoot tub and stylish tiled bathroom
- Mature trees and raised bed gardens in private front and back yards
- Original hardwood floors
- Lovely natural lighting
- Screened-in back porch
- Custom Steel Fence with front and back gated access
- Off-street parking and backyard parking available.
- Away from commercial and highway traffic, but easy access to I35 and 183
- Friendly established neighborhood with wide variety of families.
- Nearby kids playground and public swimming pool all within a short distance.